Saturday, April 12, 2014

Art Poetry


 BARAKA
                              (Revisited)
(This poem is taken from a documentary film (of the same name) 
I watched at University and was required to paint my  feelings:)

                   Technology wrestling tradition in lands, time omits
                   Chantings, blanket thinning forests
                   And lingering rhythm of decayed cities
                   Togetherness, like night and day with
                   Powered wings slashing tranquillity
                   And cruelty shadowed by a Panpipe of haunting melodies
                   Eclipse of life, death harmonized like volcanic ashes
                   in a funeral pyre .                  
                   Riches and beauty sought with greed
                   clouded  judgments with insanity
                   Beat the drums of thunder
                   Echoing, the trees give heed
                   Pagan idols of gold laden while children hunger
                   Truth belated All consumed energy
                   As toothless be-hatted men watch apathetically
                   the dawns of doom reaching
                   with invisible taloned fingers across the vast forgotten lands
                   The future Behold. 
TeAnne.......June 3 . 1997.




THE 9 x 5 inch ART HISTORY

The Heidelberg School, in Melbourne Victoria
Was the artist’s school, in South-eastern Australia
In eighteen eighty nine, a hundred years ago
began our famous nine by fives picture show
No!....... Not of the moving kind
Ones that hang and last with time.
Artists’ like Condor, Roberts, 
McCubbin and Streeton 
These boys knew their stuff, 
and were not to be beaten 
Brandishing their brushes and easels in awe 
Painting and dabbing, all of what they saw 
Working, nine by five inch on cigar box lids
 Land and seascapes, 
wasn't all that they did
Their Pallets, they blended with localised colour  
They're styles they developed, like not any other 
‘Australian Impressionists’ branded by critics  
they shocked the likes of painting traditionalists.  
They were the innovators of their time  
With 9 X 5 Exhibition, August 17.1889.
Over 200 paintings were in this show
Though the critics jeered and crowed
Paintings at 3 pounds 3 shillings and 3 pence
And four thousand people were in attendance
Yes, the critics they laughed and scoffed
Not knowing that they would sell the lot
So once a year we keep this tradition
In hopes to gain the same recognition.
The Masters have given us all so much
We assemble our paintings, and artistry stuff
The changes taken place in a hundred years
Still have not deterred,  the art critics leers.
TeAnne © Oct. 12. 1998
I PAINTED HIM
He had never had a wife,  nor even a lady friend.
None, that I can recall!  He kept his secrets within.
His mother was a streetwalker  She lived just up the road.
Our attractions were acute  I opened my heart, I let him in.
He had no formal education  only the things I could teach
He wasn't overly streetwise  he was young when we met.
It was hard for him to socialize  with my kind of folks.
He'd rather laze in an easy chair  or curl up and watch a TV show.
He wasn't a food connoisseur  nor a drinker of fine wine
But to know him was euphoric  he was comfort to have around.
I tried to bring him life  on this canvas of utter white.
For pure was his colour  It was hard to capture light.
I painted a beautiful boy today  but not in the human sense.
But of soft white fur and  eyes of great discernment.
TeAnne. May 16. 1999
IMAGE ENLIGHTENMENT
Colours in thought  reflections in my chest
transpired images   
us  on the screen of life
  abundant desires
worked in camouflage
  rainbows for all to see.
TeAnne. Feb. 28.1998  BACK  All rights reserved. TeAnne   1993 ©
THEORY
How do I work thru' this
the theory oh so very dull
I’d rather paint a scenic view
then live in this lull.
*****
A poet with writers block is bad enough
and painting pushed aside
for this rotten old essay
my lecturer is insisting that I write.
*****  To pass this module
and professional artist become
I find this theory
will only make me dull to some.
*****
I want to paint my pictures
with brush strokes not a pen
I don't wanna be a theorist
and from my colours be apart
Only need my brush
to live and love my art..........   
TeAnne © Mar 17. 1998
After Picasso
Actual size. 6ft X 6ft Acrylic on Board.
THE ICON!
       
T hinking of you as this Picasso apes
I ncantations radio waves
T unes of yesterdays delights
L ove songs lingered
E volving metaphysical
D elineate  "
R eds whites and blues
U mbers yellows and orange
N egative shapes, shadows
N estling in tonal dimensions
I cons delegate space
N atures hues
G rounds for dreams
"  TeAnne © March 27. 1998
" VINCENT "

 
Oh poor Vincent
how you suffered
your life so spent
Scorned
Your work in mines
and above
but all you had in your heart
was love
As if you were no other
given the name of your brother
he
before you
dead one year
With mingled emotions
you severed your ear
Your awareness of brush
well honed
Sunflowers
yellow
adorning walls in gallery's
and homes
Lavishly stroked portraits
you painted
So young your death
T'was fated
A starving artist
and madman they said
But look who is a rich man
dead.
TeAnne © Jan 29.1998
Starry Night
Writing Arts Sanity

I don't think I am quite as serious about my writing As I am about my art. Though writing will express What my brushes cannot. I can adopt a Pollock or a Kandinsky attitude. Hurl myself against a canvas and call it Expressions, I and 2 . By writing/painting what I feel I can create a little rigid box plant myself within the boundaries and call myself accomplished. Sometimes I am peculiar I shouldn't be on display. But then, all my friends Are weird. This sets us Apart from the 'norm' Who declare they are sane. TeAnne © June 12. 2000
In Need of a Literary Genie.
Basking in a Van Gogh landscape, I am one of Shakespeare's players in his world playhouse with a Beethoven symphony booming. 'Roll over' the Beatles sang his praise. Don paid homage to Vincent while some try to emulate William. It's like rubbing shoulders with the departed, who really have not. Hero worship because I feel inadequate amid this society of dead poets, painters, writers and musicians who made it. Happen. TeAnne June 7. 2000

No comments: