Saturday, April 12, 2014

Down to Earth Poetry

"ONE DAY SOON"
Today I'm feeling moody and down
‘Cos the once blue/green seas
have turned a filmy, murky brown.
What do you feel or care?
If the earth of trees, it's bare.The world is overheated and the sun is hot
About the future, you just forgot.
Our rivers and oceans house no life, only a festered stink,
Birds and animals, for them to breathe, you didn't even think.
Plastic items, [to save money] you didn't keep,
You only bought them on special, cheap.
Away you did throw
Now the trees, plants and grass wont grow.
This world you took for granted, is years, millions old
And you were careless, ruthless and bold.
Your throw away style of life
Has made it hard and full of strife.
Now the earths dead, decaying and barren
But you and your carelessness aptly carry on
Throwing your recyclable away
Lucky if we survive another day.
Your great- grand kids will never know
How it felt to taste the fresh food, we could once grow
In days long gone.
Did you need it written on neon?
Don't worry about the destructive muck
Why not pass the malignant buck
You will say with a smile and no shame,
"Its the ozone layer, that's to blame".
TeAnne ...ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...15/12/93. ©
FOOTNOTE:
This poem has been published in the "MIDWEST TIMES"  Geraldton Western Australia's local newspaper. Sept.1997. & in "PRINCESS POET'S REVIEW" Vol.1.Issue 10. P O Box 238 Norwood, North Carolina. USA 28128. And was featured at this site,to save the World Poetry.(Now gone)


 "THE EARTH HAS FEELINGS TOO"
 
 I am Mother Nature's creation
 I am made up of gasses, minerals and nations
 I have served mankind for many years and
 I too, have troubles, frustration's and fears.
 ~*~
I feel pain, when a 'For Sale' sign is hammered into my soil
 I cry out when a hole is dug, by those who toil
 I shriek when a bomb makes a new crater
 I choke when a fire is lit by a traitor.
~*~
 I feel pain, when you drive over me with a truck and a car
 I gasp for air under concrete and tar
 I weep when I bathe in foul water, that's soggy
 I sigh when a tree is cut, like a limb from a body.
 ~*~
 I feel pain, when weighed down by buildings too tall
 I howl when you take from me, my life's resources, all
 I smell strongly, my doom, is beckoning
 I'll vent my revenge one day, then man can study this reckoning!
~*~
TeAnne © Sept 16. 1998 
The GRAND Mother. 
Mother earth bleeds her molten mud and fire
rains her tears, bursts her banks and mire
Her soil cracks in earth-quake frustration
and cyclonic breath, in anticipation.
*+*
You go on and on, with your assault
Do you blame her, for her revolt?
She tries to re-build her outer shell
So us, the humans, won't burn like hell
*+*
Wake up, you mere mortal inhabitant
Save our house and all that's significant
all living creatures, need to roam
‘cos’ once she blows, you're all alone.
*+*
Falling debris from outer space
put up there, by some human face.
Don't you know it's your responsibility
to let it not end in catastrophe?
*+*
Keep the skies blue and pure
Dismantling the bomb, might be a cure!
Be kind to our 'Mother Earth', she's all we've got
before you know it, we'll have lost the lot.
*+*
TeAnne © Sept 18. 1998 



There Used To Be Trees In The Year 2000 
  •  
  • When all the trees are gone. CHOP, CHOP
    We will sing 'Rock a Bye Baby in a ___ Top'
    When lover's go walking, they will lay by a rock
    Under the burning sun, blistered with sun shock. 

    There will be no birds left to sing sweet lullabies
    Animals extinct, who will answer the whys?
    Loggings been exported to overseas lands
    To be imported back as sawdust and fine sands. 

    Wearing our oxygen masks night and day
    Futures children, 'What is a leaf?' will say
    Autumns colours of gold, yellow and red
    'Liquid Amber' trees so brittle and dead. 

    The books that held the knowledge of these trees
    This fleshy pulp, gone. Not recycled properly. 

    There used to be trees in the year 2000! 
    TeAnne © June 13. 1999 

No comments: