Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friendship Poetry

ARMS OUTSTRETCHED 
 Dearly missed are my friends. 
from where flowers grow. 
They blossomed daily  
with verbs and nouns and 
the suns golden glow.
Upon meeting they, 
with arms outstretched 
always a warm welcome 
for any unknown and me.
But times have changed and  
I had to moved on, before 
I wilted and died, 
or caused any sorrow.
I will welcome them  
with my arms outstretched,  
and my heart always open 
if they should one day follow.
TeAnne © 21 March 1999 
 

 
roseNothing is more beautiful than a flowering friendship.
  
 
BACK


CHOOSING
Right or wrong, to make a choice
How does one know wrong from right?
Playing from the gut instinct
Or listen to an inner voice?
No matter what road or path
Someone's heart is left weeping.
You on right, they on left, me center
caught up in the aftermath.
Turn back time, to choose again
No point, destiny is written
With friendship so strong, I know
I made the right choice, in the end.
TeAnne © 2nd April. 1999


COME THIS WAY
Come this way but once
and I'll greet you with a smile.
Come this way but twice
and I will speak with you awhile.
Come this way but thrice
and I will make you my friend.
TeAnne © April 3. 1999



FOUND
 
 
 
My friend who was lost to me 
Found her sitting there 
Alienated by others 
Who differ to me and her. 
The wedge driven between us 
Was wide enough to repair 
We talked of many things 
Just like we used to, but 
Some tension was still there. 

Time will heal our wounds 
we'll be as close as we were 
We'll be strong and carry on. 
And stand together as a pair. 

To make mistakes is human 
Listening to others was our err. 
They want their pound of flesh or 
Scapegoat, they just don't give a care 

We missed the fun and laughter 
The trust we built and shared 
The stories and poetry swaps 
Though I am here, she is over there. 

But we have news for them 
That will stir a hornet's nest 
When they find out that … 
We will stand united, and  
tilt our noses in the air. 

 © April 25. 1999 By TeAnne
 
 
© 1999 TeAnne (All rights reserved)
Maureen



FRIENDSHIP
F riends are chosen, the only needed
R equirement is giving along with taking
I nterest in another’s well being and
E arning each others respect, being there when
N eeded, and not put each other
D own.
S hower with trust and watch their friendship grow
H ands outstretched, beckoning, come
I nside. Gather love, compassion and a sense of
P ride. Knowing your friend is happy and was treated well.
TeAnne © May 2. 1999



HE IS TAILOR MADE
His name is famous
but I won’t tell.
For his fans he writes
his music he sells.
His poetry is young
smooth, complex, yet pure.
He would bring happiness
to a girl next door.
He writes of love
loneliness and friends
and brings forth honesty
yet sometimes pretends.
Though my knowledge
of him is limited.
In his band with song
He is un-inhibited.
He is young and tall
has hair with length.
Delilah could never deny
this boy his strength.
All the young girls
bow down at his feet
even pledge death,
for a chance to meet.
The hour is late now
for this Bopper must sleep.
Hang your heads girls….. Sold
your souls only to weep.
TeAnne © May 12. 1999
*This poem was written for Taylor Hanson. When I thought he was a friend. 



HOPE ANEW 

He badly treats you and you admit it.
You need someone new, but you won't permit it,
The magic, for him is gone,
he leaves you sad, lonely and forlorn.
You write to him and his reply you wait
but for him, he is busy, his hour is late.
He makes excuses for his delay,
you plot revenge, how to repay.
How it was you can't forget,
like strangers now, who have never met.
My friend, it's time to move on ,
to linger is wrong.
Start your life anew.
Hope! This belongs to you.
TeAnne © July 21. 1998


The Sale. 


He sold the lot
All the pans and all the pots
Along with the curtains and the carpet
But, the fridge was not for sale!
he said to the long suffering wife! "Dear............
Where else would I store my beer? "
18th July © 

    KILLING TIMEJust sitting here killing the time
    It's going slow.
    Spending some,  here on-line
    It's going slow.
    Waiting for the days to go by
    It's going slow.
    Wishing they would just fly on by
    Hastily.
    Pack my bags to leave this city
    Hastily.
    Won't look back or show no pity.
    Hastily.
    Met my friends, we spent our time
    Leisurely.
    Drinking coffee, one had wine
    Leisurely.
    Had some laughs and a smile or two
    Leisurely.
    We'll write our poetry, about what we do.
    Leisurely.
    TeAnne © Dec.21.1998


THE TEXAS BUNCH
 
       To my Texan Mates 
      thanks for your welcome 
      each and everyone. 
      I loved your carefree ways 
      and sincerity, times of merriment 
      and good  old fashioned festivity.                        
                             
      Under your wings with  love and concern                                                
      you made me feel  special and warm.                        
                              
      My trip was very worth while                        

      For on a Texan face,                     
      a friendly wide smile.                        
      A stranger no longer,                        
      nor just a handle  nor a number.                      
                                
      You welcomed me into your lives                         

      This one from Down Under.                        
       For this I send to you                   
       a wish for the best,  for love,                     
       health  and happiness.                       
                                   
       This tribute I make to you.                             
       Your mate with hugs                         

       Aussie True Blue.                
                              
                              

                             TeAnne © Dec 27.1997



ROB G'Day Mate! You’re very special to me My “Big Brother”! Never, condemning Always there, with a friendly smile!I want to visit- You say! “Hey, stay awhile”. A friend I can count on when things in my life go wrong.Many timesyou have given encouragementto have faith in myselfand to follow in what I believe.Always coming to my rescueWithout you, insufferable despairwould have been enduredYour generositya debtI can never repay.All I can offer is love and respectA true friend You are the best! TeAnne © Jan 3.1998

No comments: