Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cat Poetry

A Mother’s Sin.
 


They say she was of the upper class
A real lady of breeding, serene beauty.
This didn’t stop her though
from living life on the wild side.

 

The wrong side of the tracks
held for her an exciting attraction.
She enjoyed the thrill of the chase,
and the male gender to please.

 

Slipping out un-noticed,
while the household slept.
Happily playing the field to the fullest.
She paid the price for her sins.

 

Pregnancy wasn’t kind to her;
She gave in to a multiple birth.
One such son with mixed breeding.
My kitten is only part, Burmese.
TeAnne © 13 Sept. 1999


ACCIDENTAL PACKING
Packed up the dishes and the pots
Packed up the sheets and the socks
Packed up the cutlery of knives, forks and spoons
Packed up the glassware, dresses and shoes

Packed up the blankets with naphthalene flakes
Packed up the albums, records' CD’s' and tapes
Packed up the computer, video and TV
Packed up things belonging to you and to me

Packed up the towels and all the bathroom things
Packed up the jewellery of broaches, pins and rings
Packed up all of the scattered mats
Packed up in a box, oops, I packed my cat!
Poor Sammy.




TeAnne © Dec.26th. 1998


ANIMAL LOVE!
When I get home, you’re always there
and venture from me, you never dare.
You miss me, when I’m away
and by my side, You’re contented to lay.
In each’s company, we’re happy to bask
cos this love, I know, will always last.
You’re personality has mountains of charm
I promise you protection, keep you from harm.
Your body, soft as satin to my hand
It’s just too bad, you’re not a man!
and in return for all of this ?
You purr for me, in contented bliss.
TeAnne © Sept 30.1998


Catwalk (or slip n slide)

House inspection tomorrow,
to see if I am keeping it clean.
Need to have all spic 'n' span
not a speck of dust to be seen.

Just washed the wooden floors
The cats are in their feral mode.
Slipping and sliding. Paw prints
everywhere, in my abode.

Insky wobbles his bum
his plan is to attack…
As 'vinni-van' slides by
He looks like a 'Flat Cat'.


Trying to get a foothold
Insky's back legs give way
Head first into the fridge.
Ah, it's me cats at play.

Jumping to cupboard cause
 'vinni-van' hates wet paws
Inskys' pawing the water.
Then shaking them on the floors.

TeAnne © June 7. 2000


DEVIL'S CAT
Sammy the cat, is furry lazy and white
He sleeps all day, dreaming of mice
A mouse to terrorize, then eat
His tempting tasty treat of meat.
Smooging up the side of my face
And on my clothes, a furry white trace.Purring in and out of tune
I think he's trying  to croon.
Leg rubs, throughout the day, his exercise to keep him fit,
Don't know why, hands and feet, he likes to lick.
Attacking, the big defenceless dog, keeps him amused
Clawed and bitten, again my shoes.
He likes his kisses nose to nose
Astray from home, he never goes
When its time for him to play
He kicks up his heels and digs in the clay.
My garden suffers, as dirt scatters and flies
When black as night are his eyes.
I think its all put on, just an act
Possessed by the devil, my poor cat.
TeAnne © 20/12/93


Heads or Tails
They say to me that cats are killers
tormenting their prey till death.

I say, 'The cat is no more brutal
than a man wielding a gun or knife'.

For the cat, it is a natural born instinct,
His lifesaver. What is mans excuse?

TeAnne June 10. 2000




I'm not Tom anymore Mum
I've never climbed a tree Mum
I've never ate a mouse
I have, chased a dust bunny
When you don't clean the house.

I am a good kitty Mum
I don't kill the birds
You don't let me out
I've a box for me turds.

I love to wreck your house Mum
I love the meat you feed
I don't like what the vet did
I have no nuts to breed.

I'm not a Tom anymore Mum
They took me stench away
But I love to cuddle up to you
Blessed, I'm not a 'stray'

© TeAnne June 10. 2000




SAMMY’S REVENGE

Oh my mistress, my mistress
where have you gone

You have left me once again, alone!

I can’t lay here getting fat

I’ll just reek havoc and scatter her mats

Chase my toys what else my ploy

Boredom in this house
with my fake white mouse
she bought it for me

Oh, golly gosh, golly gee

Scratch my fleas in her bed
ha ha ha, 
never let it be said 
Cats are silly
Cheshire grin  
see who wins

Oh no! Here she comes!

So, it’s the shopping I see she’s done

and she bought me food !

Oh my mistress, my mistress
I will purr for you.

TeAnne © Jan 13. 1998
Awarded Jan.27.1998
Thank you to the Cat Page People!

  
Thank you Charles




      TO MY BEST FRIENDI found the lump last night
      and heard today, that it is
      Cancer. They said you are not
      long for this world, my little
      friend. Cancer flowing through
      your little body has spread from
      your severed ear.
      They told me to take you home
      and let you live your days with
      love. Living out your life in
      familiar surrounds will make
      your time pass a little easier.
      But not for me.
      To my little best friend, I will
      show you all the love I can
      till God says you have to go......
      Dear Sammy, save a spot for me.

      TeAnne © Nov. 4. 1998


TRIBUTE TO SAMMY 1993-1999
CANCER HAS ITS WAY
A killer is loose! And,
It’s not easy to take away your life.
This decision is left to me.
Who am I to decide that it’s time, for you to die?
Just a needle, they say
And your life is over, without pain.
But I am a selfish person
I want to keep you with me, always.
Then too, would I be showing you love
by watching and letting you suffer?
It hurts to see your food intake, decline.
This cancer has finally gotten a hold of you
It wears you down each day.
And there is only one thing left to do.
But there is still alertness in your eyes
When you see me come your way.
You gaze at me, almost begging for relief
Then in an instant, they’re asking me something else.
I love you so much Sammy. My little furry friend.
Oh God, Why do you place this burden on us?
TeAnne © Feb.8.1999

I PLAYED GOD!
How could I do this to you
On the day, of Feb 9. 1999
This question will always surface,
Was this, the last life of your nine?
I did not want to play God
With the death of your life.
I sensed you knew this time, was near
Before we took that fateful drive.
You did not make a sound
As the needle found its mark
In a matter of a heartbeat
Your life was over, in the past.
Please don’t hate me Sammy
I told them…Take your life!
You sleep now forever at my door,
and greet me, before I go inside.  ~*~ I will love and miss you always Sammy and be assured,  you have a piece of my heart buried with you. ~*~  ~*~ R.I.P Baby Catz ~*~ TeAnne © Feb 9. 1999 

IN MY HEART A PERFECT PICTURE
I loved your silky fur
And your licks upon my skin
I needed your purring tunes
Like breathing out, breathing in.
On my lap I miss your kneading paws
Where you’d make a bed of me
Your place on my bed is empty now
Where once you curled my knee.
In my heart is your picture
It’s tattooed in perfection
Not another will take your place
To gain this same affection.
You have taken all my love with you
And I so proudly let you take it
Because you left all of yours for me
In the chair, where you and I would sit.
TeAnne © Feb 9. 1999  




YOUR EYES FOLLOW
In your picture, hanging there.
It’s in your eyes! They follow.
It’s in your stare!
I wish it where saying thank you.
Your picture, just above me.
You’ll eternally watch.
Your picture, it looks back
Hauntingly hypnotic
Your picture, as if accusing.
Your agony is over.
Yet I’m feeling your stare, right through me,
I imagine it asking why
I did this to you.
TeAnne © Feb 12.1999

 
KITTY KISSES FOR GOD
My heart is overflowing
Some with love
Some with guilt
I read somewhere
That you are not in that grave
It is only your shell
That you are the wind
The rain
The moon
The stars
But I know you are in heaven
Lending your kitty kisses to God
While you wait for me.
TeAnne © Feb 12.1999

YESTERDAYS
TREASURE
 
  


S.
    is for Satin you were to my touch
A.
    is for Affection, we shared so much
M.
    is for Me, you loved, unconditionally
M.
    is for Mum, I was yours, temporarily
Y.
    is for Yesterdays…… treasured memories.
 
 
TeAnne © Feb 13.1999


 

You passed on the 3rd September , twenty ten
You were only eleven years young
Yet in cat years you were a year older than me.
You were a soft shiny silver tabby
Yet you had some sandy colours and white.
Your eyes were the biggest I had ever seen in a cat and
Yes, you knew how to use them on me.
You loved me, I know because
You spent all of your time on my knee or beside me.

You worked your charm on your human dad and
You liked to steal his chair when he left it.
You knew he wasn't a cat lover but demanded his attention
You succeeded, You stole his heart too.
Your favourite game was peek-a-boo with me
You made my jaws ache from laughing when you cheated.
You gave me much joy and companionship vinni
You are going to be truly missed my precious little friend
Your final task now is to play, purr and snuggle God and wait for me.

In loving memory of 'vinni-van'. © TeAnne Pantony

No comments: