Saturday, April 12, 2014

CHRISTMAS POETRY/EASTER

JUST A DIAL AWAY.
 He came the other day
 Early.
 He must have heard my
 Plea.
 I un-wrapped it and I promptly
 Hugged him.
 “Thank you” I said, “It's just what I wanted”
 He smiled and nodded.
 Then he was gone
With a Merry Christmas and a wave.
 Back to the North Pole I guess.
 All I need to do now is dial up my
 Santa.
TeAnne © Dec 24. 1998 

CHRISTMAS CHEER
 
 

Christmas time, full of enlivened cheer
Fridges full of ham, turkey and ice cold beer.
Decorated with tinsel the tree and walls,
Even up the blinkin’ hall.
 
After the pressies, all unwrapped
Paper and ribbon, scattered, all for scrap.
The clothes don't fit, come shopping day, return.
Toys broken and fractured are ready to burn.
 
Kids bellies full of lollies and cake
Hubby drunk on the floor I reckon he's flaked.
All the money that was spent
In twenty four hours wonder where it went.
 
Leftovers eaten on Christmas night
All this extra food, it can't be right
Got to eat it before its rotten
Starving children, much forgotten.
“Wonder what its worth" I say
“To cancel this overrated Xmas Day?"
                        TeAnne ......21/12/93©



# 1.                       SPECIAL DAY (Special people!)
Santa rides a Harley
at the same time every year.
He comes in all shapes and forms,
Bearing gifts for children
who are sick or dying,
in hospitals across the land.
He rides with his elves
who are as big and burly as he.
Roaring up the highway
in packs of hundreds or more.
These rough, tough bikies
have a heart of gold
and the interiors of pussycats
who play Santa,
on this special day every year.
For the Children.
TeAnne © Dec.12.1998 


#2.         SANTA IS FAT!
Christmas in the outback
is hot dry and barren
with 150°F in the kitchen
and 100° F in the shade.
Santa sits on the veranda
sipping ice cold beer from
his esky, (filled with ice)
He is in his singlet, shorts
and thongs. While his elves
splash in the creek over yonder,
and their counter-parts
are knee deep in snow and
catching the flu or worse.
Santa loves the outback
for he is not required to
to climb down chimneys in red suit
and get stuck and have his beard singed
by smouldering embers from last nights
winter fires in lands
on the other side of the world.
Mrs Clause, feeds him, ham
turkey, chicken and roast pork
with baked potatoes and pumpkin with greens.
Followed by rich plumb puddin'
topped with cream and custard.
Is it no wonder he hates climbing down chimneys?
On Christmas Eve.
TeAnne © Dec. 12. 1998 


#3.                CHRISTMAS CHANGES.
How some things change.
Six years ago
We drank beer
and ate Christmas dinner.
We celebrated your birthday too.
Dad, you and I,
we got drunk and had a great time.
Six years on, I don't drink
You and Dad have moved on,
to a higher place.
No Christmas dinner
No birthday to celebrate.
Cancer ate you and
Daddy died of a broken heart.
Cancer now eats my cat
and I am an orphan
who hates Christmas.
Some things never change!
TeAnne © Dec. 12. 1998
 


#4.              LETTER TO SANTA 1998
Dear Santa,
I am writing this year to ask you a few questions!
When I was a little girl, did you ever read my letters?
They were addressed to you at the North Pole. And
were never returned to me as “Return to sender”
I didn’t ask for much. I only wanted what other little
girls were asking for. I was telling the truth, when I said I had
been a good girl all year. Did you not believe me?
Every year, you passed me by.
Not one dream or wish did you ever grant me.
“Why was this, did I live too far out of town?”
Every year my lip lived on the floor on Christmas Day.
But every year Mumma said. “Hang in there love. There is always
next year.” “Never give up on your dreams or wishes or what you believe in”.
 
Now that I am grown, I find it hard to believe,
for I have never had a dream or wish come true.
So, I was wondering if this year, you would just
read my letter and grant me an over due wish?
I have been a good girl all year. You have my word on that.
Let my Mumma's words not have been uttered in vein.
Please give me back my little girl dreams and wishes, for
all I ask is “A Reason To Believe”!
Yours sincerely
TeAnne © Dec 12. 1998



Never Judge an Egg by it’s Wrapper.
On the out side
Decorated in delicate
Silver foil.
Reds blues, yellows
And a chicken or two.
Peel off and reveal
On the inside
All brown and
Meltingly soft
On the tongue.
Bite……….
And all will ooze
The creamy innards
Of  sugary goo.
Yummy I say….
But, look at the new
Spot on my face
And the inches added
To my hips!!!!
TeAnne © 31 March 1999 

The Chocolate Freak

I don't know why I'm doing this.
Declaring secrets of utter bliss.

Was asked by a poet to tell him why.
To reveal the potion of why I'd die.

Dare I tell him it's just an egg?
Or should I, on his knees have him beg?

Yellow centre surrounded by white.
There goes the diet, I took a bite.

Into pure chocolate, sinking of teeth.
Sticky mess, from my head to my feet

Cadbury® Creme eggs my Easter treat.
No more diet, I admit defeat.

TeAnne © March 11. 2000



My Sweet Addiction

I gaze at its oblong form, 
plump with fleshy colours
And nuts embedded with 
jellitized cream centralised.

I guide it towards my mouth 
and moisten my parted waiting lips.
My tongue flicks around the moist fineness 
and I savour the not too sweet taste.

I nibble at it slowly and delicately.
and let it linger on my taste buds 
anticipating the bulk before I swallow.
Such blissful, guiltless, indulgence.

So moist and full of raisins, walnuts
and topped with shaved glacè carrots
Accompanied with cappuccino and artificial sweetener.
Oh carrot cake, carrot cake. My sweet addiction.

TeAnne © Jan 11. 2000


No comments: